1. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
MyFitnessPal does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If MyFitnessPal obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, MyFitnessPal will immediately delete such information from its database. Because MyFitnessPal does not collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13, MyFitnessPal has no such information to use or disclose to third parties.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
- (a) Traffic Data. MyFitnessPal automatically gathers information of the sort that browsers automatically make available, including: (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of computers accessing the Website; and (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the Website (collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is anonymous information that does not personally identify You.
- (c) Web Beacons. “Web Beacons” (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access Cookies. Unlike Cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, Web Beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages (or in e-mail). Web Beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. For additional information on MyFitnessPal’s uses of Web Beacons, see the section concerning Information Use and Disclosure Practices/Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies & Web Beacons, below.
- (d) Mobile Device Data. When users download, install and use the Applications on their mobile phone or other wireless telecommunications device, MyFitnessPal automatically gathers information, including without limitation, carrier providers, unique device identifiers (such as UDIDs and device IDs), geo-location information, the types of mobile devices accessing the Application, and the types of operating systems accessing the Applications (collectively, “Mobile Device Data”). A unique device identifier is a string of alphanumeric characters (similar to a serial number) that is unique to each mobile phone or other wireless communications device. MyFitnessPal uses Mobile Device Data to understand usage patterns and to improve the Applications. For additional information on MyFitnessPal’s uses of Mobile Device Data, see the section concerning Information Use and Disclosure Practices/Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies, Web Beacons, and Mobile Device Data, below.
- (e) Ad Serving and Usage Analytics. MyFitnessPal uses third-parties for advertising and usage analytics for the Website and Applications. These third-parties may place Cookies on Your machine, use Web Beacons, gather Personal Information (as defined below), Traffic Data and Mobile Device Data, and log data to collect traffic and activity data in order to deliver relevant metrics, content, and advertising. We do not share your non-public Personal Information with these parties, but we may share anonymized or aggregated information with them to improve the relevancy of the ads you see at MyFitness Pal. The collection of this information by third-parties are subject to such third-parties’ privacy policies. For additional information, see the section concerning Third-Party Websites/Applications, below. With regards to advertising on the Website, to learn more about behavioral advertising practices or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit networkadvertising.org, aboutads.info, and jumptap.com.
- (f) Personal Information. You will be asked to provide MyFitnessPal certain information related to You (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, without limitation: (1) “Contact Data” (such as Your name and email address,); and (2) “Demographic Data” (such as Your gender, birthday, zip code, country, height, weight, lifestyle and exercise frequency). The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile, improving the content of the Website and/or Applications, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about new features and other news. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Website and/or Applications to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our Website and/or Applications, and to develop new tools for our members.
You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, with the caveat that Your refusal to do so may prevent You from using certain of the Services.
- (g) Information You Make Public. Certain portions of the Website and Applications are open to any viewer, such as our community forums and Your personal profile. Any information You post in these locations may be available and accessible to other members of the Website. In addition, the Website contains features that permit You to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content, information or other data, including Your Personal Information. Any information that You choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose Your Personal Information by means of such features, and You agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
3. INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE PRACTICES
(a) Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies, Web Beacons & Mobile Device Data.
MyFitnessPal analyzes Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies, Web Beacons and Mobile Device Data to help MyFitnessPal better understand who is using the Website and/or Applications and how they are using the Website and/or Applications. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, MyFitnessPal is able to better design the Website and Applications to improve Your experience, and to serve You more relevant and interesting content and advertisements. From time to time, MyFitnessPal may release Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies, Web Beacons and Mobile Device Data in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website. In addition, MyFitnessPal may share Traffic Data and Mobile Device Data and information gathered using Cookies and Web Beacons with: (1) third-party analytics companies so that such third-parties may help MyFitnessPal better understand who is using the Website and/or Applications and how they are using the Website and/or Applications; and (2) its advertisers and marketing partners so that such third-parties may provide You with advertisements tailored to Your interests, and to ensure that You do not see the same advertisements or informational messages repeatedly.
(b) Personal Information
- (i) Generally. MyFitnessPal uses Your Contact Data to send You information about MyFitnessPal and MyFitnessPal’s products and services, and to contact You when necessary in connection with the Services. MyFitnessPal uses Your Demographic Data to customize and tailor Your experience on the Website and/or Applications. As with Traffic Data and Mobile Device Data and information gathered using Cookies and Web Beacons, from time to time MyFitnessPal may release Demographic Data in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website and/or Applications. In addition, MyFitnessPal shares anonymized and Demographic Data with its advertisers and marketing partners so that such third-parties may provide You with advertisements tailored to Your interests. To opt-out of sharing your anonymized and Demographic Data with certain partners, visit networkadvertising.org, aboutads.info, and jumptap.com
(ii) Disclosure Practices
- Disclosure in Connection with Services. MyFitnessPal discloses Personal Information to those who help it provide services, including those who perform technical, administrative and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security.
- By Law or to Protect Rights. MyFitnessPal discloses Personal Information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, or when MyFitnessPal believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of MyFitnessPal, third-parties or the public at large.
4. CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL FROM MYFITNESSPAL
By registering with the Website and/or Applications, You thereby consent to receive periodic email communications from MyFitnessPal regarding the Services, new product offers, promotions and other matters. As part of registration, You may also elect to receive periodic MyFitnessPal newsletters. You may opt-out of receiving newsletters at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each newsletter; or (b) changing the email preferences in your account.
5. CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS FROM MEMBERS
By registering with the Website and/or Applications, Your thereby consent to receive electronic communications, including email and personal messages from other MyFitnessPal members.
6. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
MyFitnessPal has implemented and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of Your Personal Information.
7. USER ABILITY TO ACCESS, UPDATE, AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
MyFitnessPal wants Your Personal Information to be complete and accurate. By using the Website and/or Applications, You represent and warrant that all information You provide on any registration form or otherwise in connection with Your use of the Website and/or Applications and Services will be complete and accurate, and that You will update that information as necessary to maintain its completeness and accuracy. To confirm the completeness and accuracy of, or make changes to, Your Personal Information, please visit Your personal profile.
8. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES/APPLICATIONS