Message Boards » Food and Nutrition

TOPIC: Too Cheat, Or not too cheat that is my question

1 3 Next »
1 3 Next »
 
Ic_disabled_photos
Topic has been inactive for 30 days or more and images have been disabled.
Display All Images
January 8, 2013 6:41 PM
I have an off day on Saturday. It's just a day for that rib eye steak i want or seafood pasta dish. Etc. I eat what I want and don't count the calories.
January 8, 2013 6:44 PM
QUOTE:

I have an 90/10 rule. 90% healthy, 10% indulgence. This allows me 2-3 "cheats" a week. Works well for me!


This is my target for myself as well. I don't consider any of it cheating, though, because I stick to my calorie targets every day (including eating back exercise calories). I aim to have 90% of my meals be healthy, whole, home-cooked foods. The other 10% (typically two meals a week or so) tends to be when I go out to eat or decide to grab fast food or something. I definitely make better choices than I would have two months ago when I eat at restaurants, but there are definitely still times each week when I eat something that I know isn't completely "clean".

Overall, going with this attitude has helped me so much. I've tried to lose weight countless times before, but I always get stuck and give up after about a month. A big part of that was because I was trying to be perfect and would give up when I got off the plan or made a poor food choice. This time, I'm not beating myself up for having a burger now and again.
  14680840
January 8, 2013 6:49 PM
No cheat days for me. Everything is in moderation. If I want a drink or am craving something that's not so healthy, I work it into my daily calories. There were a couple days over the holidays when I went over my calories. Guess what? I survived. wink
January 8, 2013 6:51 PM
I don't have a cheat meal, I just indulge with moderation. I plan ahead for meals I know will be over.
January 8, 2013 6:52 PM
Do you watch Biggest Loser, that is where I get my motivation from believe it or not. Plus I have a wonderful man in my life that exercises with me. On the Biggest Loser they said one time just do the exercise and the rest will follow. I was exercising and still eating a lot of chocolate, and I decided I was not going to let it control me anymore, it's been 3 weeks now that I have stopped eating chocolate. For now I say don't deprive yourself because it will make your cravings worse. My suggestion is to exercise and let the rest follow, you will start finding healthy items to eat instead of worrying about cheating on sweets. I hope this is some help to you.

Reply

Message Boards » Food and Nutrition

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.