This recipe meets all 5 of the steps to a healthy dinner. By baking the chicken and using low-carb flours, this recipe has half of the calories and 80% less fat than traditional fried chicken. Serve with a side of vegetables and a salad.
Here's what you need...
• 2 eggs
• 2 Tablespoons fruit-only apricot preserves
• 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1/2 cup almond flour
• 1/2 cup almond meal
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 2 lbs boneless, skinless organic chicken tenders
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13″x9″ baking pan with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, apricot preserves, mustard, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
3. In another medium bowl combine the almond flour, almond meal, coconut flour, pepper, thyme, paprika and salt.
4. Dip each chicken tender in the egg mixture, then dredge through the flour mixture. Place in the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Change oven to high broil for 2 minutes, flip each chicken tender and broil the other side for 2 minutes.
6. Serve with a side of sugar-free BBQ sauce or organic honey mustard.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 256 calories, 6g fat, 376mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 39g protein.