Sausage, Egg and Veggie Casserole
**not my picture but if I actually had decent photography skills my picture would look similiar to this.
5 large eggs
2 cups egg whites (egg beaters)
1lb package of Jimmy Dean's Maple Sausage (It doesn't need to be maple but I highly recommend it)
1 large sweet potato (300-400 grams)
2 bell peppers
1 red onion
2 yellow squash
2 small or 1 large zucchini
1. Cut sweet potato, onion, peppers, squash and zucchini into small pieces. Keep potato separate. Now would also be a good time to preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large frying pan start cooking the sausage. Set cooked sausage aside. Keep as much grease as possible in the frying pan.
3. In the same pan with the sausage grease begin cooking the sweet potatoes. Cook them for a couple minutes then throw in the rest of the veggies. Saute until they are soft and cooked all the way through.
4. In a large casserole dish add cooked sausage and veggies. mix it so to sausage and veggies are distributed evently.
5. In a large bowl combine the eggs and egg whites. Mix thoroughly
6. Pour egg mixture over the sausage & veggies.
7. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.
Cut into 9 squares and serve.
**You can further reduce calories by using only egg white and substituting the sausage for reduced fat sausage or turkey sausage. Don't blame me if it's sucks though.
(FYI - I normally eat 2 or 3 servings at a time)