Message Boards » Recipes

TOPIC: Anyone else addicted to Power Crunch Protein Bars!

 
Ic_disabled_photos
Topic has been inactive for 30 days or more and images have been disabled.
Display All Images
April 14, 2012 4:32 PM
Oh my! I love, love, love Power Crunch Protein Energy Creme Filled Wafer Bars!

Around 200 calories, 13 grams of protein, 4 grams of sugar, and they come in Triple Chocolate, French Vanilla, and Peanut Butter Creme! They taste like a yummy treat!

Has anyone else discovered these and become addicted?
  6355664
April 14, 2012 5:04 PM
Never heard of them. Where do you find them? What part of the store?
  18477603
April 14, 2012 5:16 PM
Never heard of them. But, a pet peeve of mine is company's calling their product a "protein bar", when barely 25% of the calories come from protein. Obviously, if the other 75% of the calories is non-protein, the bulk must be either fat or carbs. Call it a fat bar or a carb bar. wink

Personally, I like the Premier Nutrition Protein Bars (30 grams of protein, 23 grams of carbs, 7 grams of fat, 280 calories total). They come out to under $1 per bar when you buy the 15 pack at Sam's Club for around $14.
April 14, 2012 6:02 PM
I buy them at Walmart in the power bar/ vitamins section. I just ordered some online though: cookies & creme and peanut butter fudge. They are sweetened with stevia. They have only 10 carbs per 200 calories. Little high in fat, 12 grams, but if you are going lower carb, higher protein & fat, they fit right in and are delicious! Really delicious!
  6355664
April 14, 2012 6:07 PM
Love them but recently switched to Pure Protein bars. Less calories. Less sodium. 20 grams of protein but I must admit the Power Crunch Bars are delicious.
  13342200
April 14, 2012 6:08 PM
QUOTE:

Never heard of them. But, a pet peeve of mine is company's calling their product a "protein bar", when barely 25% of the calories come from protein. Obviously, if the other 75% of the calories is non-protein, the bulk must be either fat or carbs. Call it a fat bar or a carb bar. wink

Personally, I like the Premier Nutrition Protein Bars (30 grams of protein, 23 grams of carbs, 7 grams of fat, 280 calories total). They come out to under $1 per bar when you buy the 15 pack at Sam's Club for around $14.


Yeah I agree, most of them are just glorified candy bars. Mostly sugar and fat with maybe 10%-20% of the calories being protein. Tasty sure. "Protein bar", no.

I've been liking the Quest bars lately. The one I have is 160 calories, 20g of protein, 16 or 19g of fiber (can't remember). They are tasty - not candy bar tasty but good enough. <5g of net carbs after the fiber.
October 23, 2013 3:59 PM
Yes!! I love Power Crunch bars! Even better than Luna and Quest bars!!

Message Boards » Recipes

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.