Message Boards » Food and Nutrition

TOPIC: mio liquid water enhancer

1 3 Next »
1 3 Next »
 
Ic_disabled_photos
Topic has been inactive for 30 days or more and images have been disabled.
Display All Images
December 4, 2011 5:04 PM
QUOTE:

AGREED!!! It contains Propylene glycol which is antifreeze!


It's also one of the main ingredients in aircraft deicing fluid. :D
December 4, 2011 5:12 PM
QUOTE:

PROPYLENE GLYCOL IS NOT ANTIFREEZE. It's one component used in some antifreezes. Know what else is used in those antifreezes? WATER. So if you want to continue to spread misinformation that propylene glycol is bad because it's in antifreeze, then you have to also tell everyone how bad water is, as it's also in the same antifreeze.


Actually my dear, propylene glycol is an antifreeze. I have worked for a major airline for the past 15 years and have been heavily involved in our Winterization program for 10 of those years. Propylene glycol is the main ingredient in one of our deicing fluids.

There's a reason PG is the main ingredient used to de/anti-ice our aircraft, and it's not the water %. Cheers!
December 4, 2011 5:47 PM
QUOTE:

QUOTE:

QUOTE:

look at the ingredients ...it has ANTIFREEZE in it!

enough said


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol#Safety

The acute oral toxicity of propylene glycol is very low, and large quantities are required to cause perceptible health damage in humans; propylene glycol is metabolized in the human body into pyruvic acid (a normal part of the glucose-metabolism process, readily converted to energy), acetic acid (handled by ethanol-metabolism), lactic acid (a normal acid generally abundant during digestion),[11] and propionaldehyde (a highly toxic substance)


Just because something is safe for consumption doesn't mean you should consume it.


I guess all the RV owners out there are going to die because of this. Oh it is used in a whole bunch of food processing equipment that needs to be winterized. It is a food grade antifreeze.
  3004823
December 4, 2011 5:57 PM
just use fresh lemon and stevia . Huge difference.
  5504371
December 6, 2011 3:14 PM
QUOTE:

Also, if you're afraid of dangerous chemicals in the things you consume, avoid water. Water contains hydrogen, which is very explosive and flammable, and pure oxygen, which can also be extremely flammable.


I think I'm in love with you.
  6470049
December 6, 2011 6:18 PM
flowerforyou drinker

By the way, any of you OMG PROPYLENE GLYCOL IS SO EVIL AND TERRIBLE type of people have contact lenses? You might wanna check what's in your contact lens solution, most of them contain propylene glycol. Same with most deodorants, hope you guys aren't using those... I could probably go on, but I think that's plenty for now.
Edited by tigersword On December 6, 2011 6:20 PM
April 5, 2012 2:55 PM
Propylene Glycol is not toxic and you probably have a mix up between propylene glycol and ethylene glycol, yes propylene glycol is in antifreeze along with several other products such as NONTOXIC antifreeze and deoderants to things such as massage oils it is a very simple chemical compound and people are just uneducated on the topic and always need to find a reason to scare others.
April 5, 2012 2:56 PM
by the way I have been using the new mio energy instead of monster energy drinks for about a month now and I cannot believe the difference in how I feel after this versus my jolts and crashes from monster energy
April 5, 2012 3:00 PM
I LOVE MIO love AND DRINK IT ALL THE TIME! SO FAR I HAVE NOT DIED YET! drinker
  5230944
April 5, 2012 3:03 PM
I really like Mio, it's helped me up my water intake significantly. The orange tangerine flavor tastes almost exactly like Tang.
  9711031
April 5, 2012 3:07 PM
I'm pretty sure I can find someone for every single item I've ever put in my mouth that can say how it is bad for me.... Whether it be a carrot or actual antifreeze - someone always has an opinion.

I like the Cherry Mio.
  5637461
April 5, 2012 3:09 PM
The only thing I don't like about it is that horrible dye they use. It gets everywhere and stains. I wish they made a dye free version.
April 5, 2012 3:14 PM
Hey alcohol is pretty bad for us, and we still drink it....... I have heard mixed reviews about MIO. I guess as with any nutritional info that everyone is going to have a different view on everything, and if you took all the advice you would be back at square one..... most important is we do what works for us only! If you love MIO, drink MIO!
March 21, 2013 8:46 PM
I use mio every day. I don't think there is anything like this out there that doesn't have a downside. I use it because I live in a college dorm and can't do the naturally flavored thing. Find something I can use to flavor my water on the go that doesn't have some sort of downside and then I'll be impressed...
March 21, 2013 8:47 PM
QUOTE:

I'm pretty sure I can find someone for every single item I've ever put in my mouth that can say how it is bad for me.... Whether it be a carrot or actual antifreeze - someone always has an opinion.

I like the Cherry Mio.


Exactly...
March 21, 2013 9:07 PM
I've never used Mio but I've used similar things to help me drink more water. It has helped a lot.
  37795482
June 4, 2014 10:42 PM
I use the Great Value (Wal-Mart) powdered kind but each packet is for a 16.9 oz bottle of water...I put it in a half-gallon of water and keep it in the fridge. I drink 1-2 gallons of water per day now!
June 4, 2014 10:52 PM
QUOTE:

I LOVE MIO love AND DRINK IT ALL THE TIME! SO FAR I HAVE NOT DIED YET! drinker


This!!!
  31236734
June 4, 2014 10:57 PM
QUOTE:

Just because something is safe for consumption doesn't mean you should consume it.


So...wait what?
  17923062
June 4, 2014 11:05 PM
Homemade fruit water is a great substitute to plain water. Letting fruits steep give it a hint of flavor but keep you hydrated. Also, you can make your own mix of flavored water and its very easy to do.
Edited by ShawnRobinson87 On June 4, 2014 11:06 PM
June 5, 2014 5:22 AM
QUOTE:

QUOTE:

I LOVE MIO love AND DRINK IT ALL THE TIME! SO FAR I HAVE NOT DIED YET! drinker


This!!!


This I have been going through 2 bottles a week lately...I drinking anything but ice cold water unless it's flavoured....then it doesn't have to be ice cold...so it keeps me from being chilled all day...oh another added benefit.
  45561484

Reply

Message Boards » Food and Nutrition

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.