47 years old
Drexel Gardens, IN""There's a difference between Interest and commitment. When you are interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you are committed to something, you accept No excuses; only results" (Kenneth Bianchard) "
Hi, I'm Barbi
Please send me a message with your friends request. Sorry, I only add ladies. Hope I don't offend anyone but I'm here for sister type support.
I'm married to the love of my life and I'm the mother of a wonderful daughter (xsirenssong on MFP) I have a precious Cali girl, my Rottie/lab mix (we call her our rotten lab) that loves to walk with me and is my furry alarm clock. I also have 2 grand dogders who love me dearly. =)
I'm sure my story sounds very familiar........I want to lose 45 lbs, maybe more. I've been as heavy as 290 at one time in my life. I finally was given the "key" when I joined MFP by learning and finally accepting the fact that I must stop eating "fat free" foods that is all chemicals my body can't use.
I've lost the same 80 lbs 3 times now (the wrong way by under eating calories and exercising 7 days a week) However that's not all I lost. I lost muscle and slowed down my metabolism. Soooo, this will be the last time because I've finally figured out and learned it doesn't work depriving yourself or even going to bed hungry. YOU EAT!! Of course healthy choices but I'm eating much better and much more than ever before. I'm also not living in the gym. I exercise daily but it's not for hours on end. Moderation is key with everything.
I will do my best to be a great support for you if you are eating right, exercising, and doing it RIGHT without going hungry.
My #1 best investment ever = Polar T4 water resistant heart rate monitor. I suggest that anyone find the HRM that best suits you and do the same. This wonderful gadget tells you what YOU personally are burning in calories so you are confident that you won't over eat your calories.
My #2 best investment = digital scales to measure all my food by grms/oz instead of "cups/TBS" for a more accurate logging. Not all fruit, aka banana's are the same. Most are Extra, EXTRA large these days.
#3 Coconut Oil is a magical oil in my house and I use it for everything. If you're interested, read "Coconut Cures"
5 Things to Love About Coconut Oil
1. It may help with weight loss. Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides that are metabolized differently than fats from other oils. These unique fats may help with weight loss.
2. It can raise your good cholesterol. Although coconut oil contains saturated fats, it's not the bad kind you normally think of. In fact, coconut oil can raise your good HDL cholesterol and give you a dose of antioxidants!
3. It may strengthen your immune system. Coconut oil contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, which have antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. This can help in fighting harmful bacteria and illness in the body!
4. It helps you to absorb important minerals. The fats and substances in coconut oil help your body to better absorb calcium and magnesium, which are important for bone health.
5. It helps with blood sugar levels. Coconut oil also helps control blood sugar levels by improving the secretion of insulin and the utilization of blood glucose.
So the next time you cook, why not try a little coconut oil instead of your usual cooking oil?This is a small piece ~
A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition reported that medium-chain fatty acids were three times more effective at raising the metabolism than long-chain fatty acids. Researchers concluded that replacing long-chain fatty acids with medium-chain fatty acids was an effective method for weight loss. Another study from the same journal showed that eating medium-chain fatty acids increases metabolism and also helps burn off stored fat.
Coconut oil can support a healthy weight in other ways as well:
- Coconut oil slows down the digestion of food, which helps you feel fuller after a meal. Many people notice that after adding coconut oil to their diet, they are less prone to snacking.
- Because it slows digestion, coconut oil also helps prevent blood sugar fluctuations after a meal by slowing the rate carbohydrates are broken down into blood glucose.
- The medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil destroy candida, a condition of yeast overgrowth in the body which triggers symptoms of weight gain, carbohydrate cravings, fatigue and many others. Eliminating candida is an important part of achieving permanent weight loss.
- Coconut oil is excellent for detoxification. It cleanses the body of many infirmities, balances the digestive tract and nourishes all cells in the body. These benefits restore your health and pave the way for natural weight loss.
Tips for Using Coconut Oil to Increase Metabolism:
- Start small. If you've never taken coconut oil before, start with one teaspoon a day and slowly work up to 3-6 tablespoons per day. This will help your body adjust to the beneficial effects of coconut oil.
- The kind of coconut oil you choose is very important. Organic, unrefined extra virgin coconut oil is the best choice since it preserves all the natural goodness of the oil.
For More Information:
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/026808_oil_coconut.html#ixzz2CRKWd3h3
Why I want to get in shape
So I feel better
- Summer - I love sitting by the pool!!
- Self-esteem - Feel great in what I wear
View All (61)
Nana_Booboo's Recent Forum PostsView All
Sat 03/08/14 04:48PM I am an ice cream addict. I buy 1 pint (4 servings) of full fat, full flavor cookies and cream once a week and share it with my hubby on ...
Sat 03/08/14 04:40PM Absolutely. Do 15-20 reps and repeat 4-5 Times. You should have a weakness at the end if each set. Rest a minute and repeat.