Are there differences between the iPhone and web versions of MyFitnessPal?
For the most part, both applications work very similarly. The data you enter is synchronized across both applications whenever your iPhone/iPod has internet access, so your data will be identical on both as long as you have successfully synchronized. The website does offer additional features and settings beyond what is currently available in the iPhone application. Here are some examples of additional options on the MyFitnessPal website:
- Support forums and tools to communicate with a huge community of other MyFitnessPal members who are also trying to lose weight or get fit.
- Custom tools to measure your BMI or BMR
- Website badges and weight loss tickers to promote your progress
- Additional graphs and reports to monitor your progress
- More settings to allow you to customize your experience or modify your account (change username, change password, etc…)
By using both the iPhone application and the website you can have the flexibility to access your account wherever you are in addition to utilizing the additional features above.