April has been a very challenging month for me! My kids are very active in sports and especially baseball and are on different teams with one playing travel ball. I find it very difficult to be 100%. I only lost 4 pounds this whole month which I kind of look at as a victory, but kind of find myself a little let down. While I did eat out a lot this month, I look at the victories such as eating kids meals, asking for nutritional menus, bringing my own snacks to games, and walking 24 of the 30 days as things to be very proud of. I am committed to getting this weight off and it will happen, maybe just a little slower than I anticipated. I am not willing to give this up!
In May, I am challenging myself to get a daily MInimum of 6 glasses of water. I find it very hard to get that water in for some reason. I will exercise 6 days a week, walking 5 of those with increasing speed and incline, and one day of Jillian Michaels. I am also off of the school weigh in since our competition ended, but I will continue to weigh in on Thursdays. Without that person I have to stand in front of, I am counting on you guys to keep me accountable too!! I would like to lose a minimum of 6 pounds this month too! May will continue to be a challenging month as we have more games, tournaments, and the end of school, but I feel confident I can do my monthly challenge.
Things I am proud of...(non scale victories)
- The commitment to exercise I have made and kept up!
- In January, I started on the treadmill at 2.0 and would get "shin splints" quickly! I can now walk consistently at 2.8 and sometimes 3.0 and even run for 5 minutes. I can also walk the incline up to a 10.0 incline.
- I have committed to this for 108 days and have only gone over on calories twice!!
- My clothes fit well and some are even too big!
- I have learned to eat out and still lose and when I do eat out I am conscious of making good choices
- I have only gained 1 time in this 108 days and it was only 1 pound
- I feel physically better already!
- I no longer dread parking at the ballpark and having to walk to the fields or other places and I can walk without huffing and puffing...
- I have added MY recipes to the program and have lost while eating my foods
- I no longer crave sweets and junk food!
- I can eat foods in moderation knowing I can have more later!
- I have lost my first 10%