Things I Don't Miss
Yesterday I was putting on my shoes and as I was bent over tying my shoes I realized I could still breathe. Previously, once bent over, breathing was not an option as my stomach would push up into my lungs and pretty much make it impossible. It was then I started my list, of the things that have improved. My NSVs. I know everyone has them and I have seen numerous posts about them, but I wanted to actually document mine so that if I ever get discouraged I can go back and say to myself, "Those are the reason I am going to keep going."
1) I can tie my shoes without pushing all of the air out of my body.
2) My stomach doesn't hang over my waistband any more.
3) I can make it up the stairs and not get winded.
4) I have more stamina than my boyfriend.
5) I don't feel sluggish after my meals.
6) I don't crave sweets all the time.
7) I don't have to buy the stretchy jeans.
8) My kids are wanting to get healthier too.
9) I don't have to wear layers to hide the bad parts.
10) I don't sweat just getting dressed.
11) I can see my toes. I can even bend enough to paint my own toes.
12) I have confidence.
13) I don't try to hide myself in a corner at get-togethers
14) I am not tired all the time.
15) I have the energy to go out and bike, rollerblade, swim, etc. with my kids.
16) My knee, hip and back pain are getting significantly better.
17) I don't snore any more.
18) I am meeting wonderful people on MFP
19) I am happy.
I know there are so many more reasons that I just can't think of when I am sitting here but these are a start and I am not even half way to my goal. Just imagine the things I will be able to do once I reach my goal.