We're excited to announce that a new version of our iPad app is now available. This release includes all the newest features you love on the iPhone, including the ability to:
- Sign up and log in with Facebook
- Add and invite friends from your Facebook contacts
- Add and invite friends from your iPad Contact List
- Connect to your favorite health and fitness apps and devices - including Endomondo, FitBit, Runtastic, and Withings - through our App Gallery
- Enjoy type-ahead food filtering
- Use the Repeat Last Meal functionality to add a common meal to your diary with a single click
- Default to Multi-Add for your diary entries
- Enable passcode lock protection, if you are so inclined
- Customize the nutritional information you track in your food diary by updating your food and exercise diary settings on the web.
So if you haven't yet updated, we encourage you to do so as soon as you have a moment! And if you run into any issues, please just let us know and we'll investigate ASAP.
Mike, Al, and the MFP team
PS - For those of you who have already updated the app, you may have noticed that sugar and sodium are no longer visible in your food diary following the update. We apologize for the confusion, but rest assured: you can easily get them back! Please follow the instructions here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/899338-what-happened-to-my-nutrient-column-sugar-sodium
. Note: if you want to wait, these 2 nutrients will be automatically added to your food diary in the next app update, which should be available in just a couple of weeks. Thank you for all the feedback you’ve provided to us on this matter!
UPDATE: March 1, 2013
We wanted to give you a heads up that the sugar and sodium information is now readily available in your food diary on both iPad and the web. You'll just need to update your iPad app to version 1.4.1 to see the new columns in your food diary. We hope these prove useful!
Posted on 2/22/2013 by mike