We've released updates to our iOS and Android apps today. Both updates are bug fix releases. Here's a list of the changes:
- Barcode scanning problems with autofocus cameras should be fixed
- Barcode scanning in multi-add mode should work again
- Errors scanning certain EAN-8 barcodes fixed
- Crashes using barcode scanner on iOS 4.1 fixed
- Barcode scanning into a recipe should work again
For Android, we are still investigating issues users have reported with our new barcode scanner. One important note is that with the new scanner, you cannot scan barcodes at an angle - you need to make sure the barcode is straight when scanning.
This forum topic shows how to align the scanner properly:
If you are still having problems with the Android scanner after reading the above forum topic, please let us know by leaving us a comment on this blog post. Please include what Android phone you are using, and what version of the Android operating system your phone is running. We'll do our best to get everything sorted out ASAP.
If you run into any issues with either update, just let us know.
We're also working on updates for both our Blackberry and Windows Phone 7 apps, and hope to have news on both updates shortly.
Thanks, and hope you are all enjoying MFP!
Mike, Al, and the MFP team