We're pleased to announce that a new version of our iPhone app is now available in the App Store! This update is chock full of some of the features you've requested the most, including:
- Barcode scanning: Barcode scanning is finally available on our iPhone app! Just scan the barcode of a food you've eaten to easily find it's match in our database. Please note: the scanner requires an auto-focus camera and consequently only will work on iPhone 3GS or later models. Unfortunately, all of the scanners we could find that would work with the iPhone 2G, 3G, or the iPod Touch were much too expensive to incorporate into a free app. But we're still looking, and hopefully we'll be able to include a scanner that can work for older iPhones in a future update.
- Reminders: Set reminders in the app and get notified when you've forgotten to log your meals.
- Push notifications: Allow the app to send you push notifications and you'll receive notifications when someone sends you a message on MyFitnessPal, comments on one of your status updates, and more.
- Macronutrient Pie Chart: The Daily and Weekly tabs now include a pie chart showing your macronutrient breakdown for the day or the week.
- Additional Reporting Periods For Progress Charts: You can now chart your measurements over 1 month, 2 months, or 3 months.