* UPDATE * - and yet a third update for today, the Blackberry app is now available! Just search for "MyFitnessPal" in App World. Enjoy!
We're pleased to announce that we've released two sets of updates today.
First, a new version of our Android app is now available! Here's a quick rundown of the new features:
- Recipes - you can now enter your own recipes into the app, calculate the nutritional contents, and then easily add them to your diary
- Complete This Entry - when you are finished logging for the day, tap this button to get a projection of your weight loss in 5 weeks
- Quick Tools - in your diary, next to each meal you'll now see a Wrench icon. Tap on it, and you can access Quick Tools for easily copying entire meals to a different date - perfect for when you're eating the same meal as a previous day
- Lots of bug fixes - we've made a bunch of bug fixes and stability improvements. We've still got some work to do here, but hopefully this update will fix at least some of the issues people have been experiencing.
- Improved Friends List - your friends list no longer shows your friends sex, age, and location. Most people felt that information wasn't that helpful, so we've replaced that info with the date of their last login. Now you can easily see which of your friends is on track and who might need a little encouragement. We've also added sorting options, yeah! Just change your sorting method in the bottom right of your friends list and you can sort your friends by username, last login date, and more.
- Maximum Number of Friends is now 1,000 - we've finally found a way to increase the number of friends you can have from 250. The new friend limit is 1000, and we hope to be able to increase it even further, so stay tuned!
- Quick tools changes - we've changed the way Quick Tools works slightly. To use Quick Tools, you now need to change the date of your diary to the meal you'd like to copy. Then hit Quick Tools, and you can copy the meal you are viewing to a different date. We felt this method was more effective because you could actually see the meal you were copying instead of having to remember which day it was on. This change will also make it easier for us to make some further improvements to Quick Tools that we're planning - but you'll have to wait to learn more about what we have in store...
- Profile Privacy Options - we've added some simple profile privacy options to the site. Specifically, you can now set your profile to be viewable by Everyone, MyFitnessPal Members Only, My Friends Only, and Myself Only. By default, all profiles are viewable by MyFitnessPal Members Only, although your news feed is still viewable only by your friends. We're planning on adding more fine-grained controls to your profile privacy options, but these new tools should help for now.
- Blog Privacy Options - we've also added more privacy options to your blog. You can now make your blog viewable only by your friends, or only by MyFitnessPal members.