The latest version of our iPhone app is now available through iTunes. There are a bunch of minor enhancements, but the major new feature is the ability to use the app without an internet connection. This should come in very handy for all of you iPod Touch users. When you are offline, you can still log meals and exercise to your diary. Once you have an internet connection available, opening the app will sync your device with your online account.
Other enhancements include:
- Editing your meals - the way meals work has been changed slightly. When you add a meal, the components of the meal are now added to your diary as individual line items instead of as a single item. If you wish to edit the meal, just edit those line items in your diary, then resave the meal. When you save it again, you'll be given the option to overwrite an existing meal.
- We've added a "Recent" tab on your food favorites lists
- Your food favorites lists are now sortable alphabetically
- Under the "More" tab, then "Edit Foods & Exercises", there is now an option to show your favorites lists for all meals, not just the meal you are adding to
- You can now swipe left and right to change the date
This update has actually been available for a couple of weeks now, but unfortunately, there have been a variety of small bugs which were causing synchronization problems or crashes. Yesterday, Apple approved our latest update which we believe will fix every bug we are aware of, so we finally feel comfortable now making a broad announcement of its availability. If you've been using the offline version and have experienced any crashes, please make sure to update again to get our latest fixes. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these issues might have caused you. Before the release, we do as much as we can to catch every bug, but unfortunately, there are always some that slip through. Hopefully this latest update should take care of any remaining issues.
As always, we welcome your feedback and would love to hear your thoughts about the app, so please let us know what you think!
Thanks, and hope you are all enjoying the site (and the app!).
Mike & Al
Posted on 2010-05-27 by mike