UK users - what do you need?
One of the projects we're working on is trying to improve the site for international users. Currently, we're focusing on the UK, so we'd like to ask our UK users - what can we do to improve the site for you? For example, for UK users, we plan on implementing the following:
- Your weight will be recorded in stones and pounds
- Height will still be in feet and inches
- Food weights will still be in grams or ounces
Please let us know if those are the measurements you prefer to use.
We'd also like to:
- Work on getting more UK foods in the database
- Modify the "New Food" form for UK users to better match the nutrition labels in the UK, i.e. change the ordering of nutrients to match UK nutrition labels, etc., so that it is easier to input UK foods
Some questions we still have are:
- What units are fluid volumes commonly measured in in the UK? Do you use fluid ounces, ml, cups, pints, etc.? And are the UK fluid ounces actually different in size from U.S. fluid ounces?
- Can anyone send us some pictures of sample nutrition labels in the UK?
- Is there anything else that UK users need that we are missing?
If you're from the UK, we'd love to get your input on how we can make the site better for you. So please let us know what you need in the comment.
By the way, we're also very interested in tailoring our site to other countries as well, so if you're from Canada, Australia, etc. and have some specific requests, feel free to let us know those as well.
Thanks, and hope you're all enjoying the site!