New Android Update (version 2.4) – Reminders and Notifications
We’re pleased to announce that a new version of our Android app is now available from Google Play. Here's a quick rundown of the new features:
- Reminders: It’s now possible to set yourself reminders to help you remember to track your diet and exercise daily. Just go to “More”, “Settings” and press “My Reminders to get started.
- Notifications: Use Android notifications to receive real-time updates when you receive a new message, get friend requests and more.
- Turn Off Offline Search: In a recent update, we added the ability to search a streamlined version of our food database even without an internet connection. A side-effect of adding offline search was that we had to increase the size of the app. If you're using a phone with limited storage available, you can now disable offline searching which will reduce the size of the app. Just go to “More”, “Settings” and uncheck the option labled “Offline Search Enabled”
- Make Multi-Add the Default: For everyone who loves multi-add, you can now make multi-add the default way to add foods or exercises to your diary
- Lock Screen: A simple way to passcode protect the application to ensure maximum privacy on your phone or tablet.
- Bug fixes: Numerous performance enhancements and stability improvements
As always, if you run into any issues with the latest version of the app, please just let us know and we'll look into it ASAP.
Hope you are all enjoying MFP!
Mike, Al, and the MFP Team