Meet Steven! And Looking For Volunteer Forum Mods
UPDATE - Thank you so much to everyone who's offered to help! We've received an incredible response, so I think we've received enough volunteers for now. If you've already sent Steven a message, we will respond to you as soon as we can. And if you were dying to be a forum mod but haven't sent us a message yet, don't worry - there will be plenty of opportunities to participate in the future. Thanks everyone!
I'm thrilled to announce that we've added a new member to the MyFitnessPal team! My good friend Steven has agreed to join MFP full-time, and we are very, very happy to have him. Steven is going to be helping in a variety of areas, including improving our help section and our response time in the technical support forum, as well as helping the forum mods with moderating the forums. If you've participated in the forums at all, you'll be sure to see Steven there shortly.
Speaking of the forums, we've had a few mods step down recently, so we're looking for some new volunteers to take their place. Our volunteer moderators play a key role in ensuring that the forums stay a safe and supportive environment for everyone. They help welcome new members to the site, they help make sure member questions get answered, and they help us moderate any disputes on the site and make sure the forum rules are enforced fairly and consistently.
If you're interested in becoming a volunteer moderator, we would love to hear from you! Here are the qualities we're looking for in forum mods:
- A long-time user of the site who's been fairly active during that time
- Great interpersonal skills and a strong writer
- A very thick skin and ability to stay calm, diplomatic, and fair under any circumstance
- The mods should represent a broad cross-section of the site and come from different groups, different countries, etc. For example, we'd like at least 1-2 mods from the UK
- Ideally (but not required), someone with previous forum moderation experience