iPhone Update With Social Features Coming Soon - Beta Testers Needed
UPDATE: We've gotten all the beta testers we need and have actually completed the beta test, so thank you to everyone who has volunteered. We've submitted the update to Apple so everyone should have access to the new version shortly! We'll update the blog, our Facebook page, and Twitter when the new version is available.
Our next update for the iPhone app will focus on our social features. You'll soon be able to view your news feed, add and remove friends, send messages, and monitor each other's progress - all within the app!
The changes in this update are fairly substantial, so before we submit it to the App Store for approval, we'd like to conduct a quick beta test to make sure we've got all the kinks worked out. If you're interested in helping us test the new version, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- What device you are using (iPod Touch, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, or iPhone 4)
- What version of the iPhone OS you have on your device. You can find this by going to "Settings" on your device, then tap "General", then tap "About". The iPhone OS version is listed under "Version"
- What country you live in (U.S., Canada, etc.)
- Your email address
- How long you've been using MyFitnessPal for (roughly)
We will also need the UUID of your iPhone/iPod Touch. You can find your UDID by taking the following step:
- Connect your iPhone/iTouch to your Mac or PC.
- When iTunes opens, click on your device under the "Devices" section in the left-hand column.
- The "Summary" tab in iTunes should now be visible. Click the "Serial Number" label. You'll notice "Serial Number" changes to "Identifier".
- Click on "Edit" in the menu at the top and select "Copy"
- Now compose a mail message to me, and you can paste that Identifier into the mail message.
Please don't post this information as a comment to this blog post. Instead, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone can apply, but if you are accepted, we do require that you answer a few questions about your experience with the app, i.e. give us your opinion about the application as well as let us know of any bugs/crashes/etc. that you find. We probably won't be able to accept everyone, so please don't be disappointed if you don't make it into the beta. We hope to have the official app available very shortly.
Thanks for your help! Hope you're all enjoying the site.
Mike & Al