IPhone update available: Multi-add, notes syncing, quick add calories, and more
While we're very excited about the release of our Android app, we've also just released an update to our iPhone app which has several great new features:
- Multi-add - you can now add several foods from your favorites lists at once!
- Fast app switching - no more sync delays when you launch the app
- Notes syncing - enter food and exercise notes on the app and sync them with our website
- Quick add calories - lets you quickly add just calories if you know how many you ate
- New serving size options - 1/3 and 2/3 added
- Recent entry memory - now when you add an exercise or food to your diary that you've entered before, your old sets/reps/serving sizes/etc. are remembered for faster entry
To add multiple items at once, just check the boxes of the items you'd like to add. You can check items on multiple tabs - all of the items you check will be added, even if the tab is not visible. You can also check items on search results: if you ate at McDonald's, for example, instead of having to search and add each individual item you ate, you can just search for "McDonald's", then check all the items you ate at once!
If you need to change the serving size, just tap on the food itself: you'll be taken to a food detail screen where you can change the serving size, then hit the "checkmark" in the upper right to save that serving size and check the item. Finally, when you've made all the changes you'd like, tap the "Add checked" button in the upper right and all of your checked items will be added to your diary at once.
We've been testing this feature ourselves and it's dramatically improved how quickly and easily we can log our meals. We hope you like it as much as we do!
As always, if you have any questions or comments, be sure to let us know. Hope you are all enjoying the site (and the app(s))!
Mike & Al
P.S. These features will be added to the Android app in an upcoming update. And a Blackberry app is in the works, so we haven't forgotten about you Blackberry users!