I quit my job, and meet my brother Al
I really love working on MyFitnessPal. It's such a joy to see people reach their goals with help from MFP and the community, and it feels great to have played even the smallest part in someone's success. Thank you all for making the site such a pleasure to run.
But I have to admit that MFP has also been a major source of frustration over the past few years because the site is just a fraction of what it could be. I have a long list of ideas on how to improve the site, and I've been dying to make those ideas a reality. If I could just complete this list, trust me, the results would knock your socks off. But sadly, finding the time to improve MyFitnessPal has been a struggle. Working a full-time job at a start-up leaves you with little time for family and friends, much less side projects. And so MFP has always been the last priority.
Well, I finally decided to change all of that: I quit my job! And I convinced my brother Al to quit his job too! We're both going to be working on MyFitnessPal full-time and really trying to help the site reach it's potential.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR YOU?
With both Al and I working on the site, we hope to be able to make improvements to MyFitnessPal at a significantly faster pace than before. We're already hard at work on a bunch of new features for the site, including:
- an iPhone app which we modestly think will be the best calorie counting app in the app store
- a brand new site design which will hopefully give MFP a more polished look and feel but keep the site simple and easy to use
- lots of new social features which are still in the concept stage but hopefully will let all of you take much better advantage of the support you can get from your friends and the MFP community
- a recipe calculator and better recipe sharing
- ...and much more including editing meals, better food search, cleaning up the food database, etc. etc.
Overall, we want MFP to be the best diet and fitness community on the web, and are excited about finally having the time to make it happen.
WHO'S THIS AL GUY?
Meet my brother Al:
Al is a great guy, and I'm not just saying that because he's my brother. He has a ton of experience working on the web, and I'm really excited that he was crazy enough to join me in this little adventure. You can view his profile at:
I'm sure you'll be seeing more from him in the forums and around the site, and I hope you'll all give him a warm welcome.
That's it for now! But stay tuned - we have lots of new stuff on the way!
Thank, and hope you're all enjoying the site.
- Mike & Al