I have always been the sort of person who focuses on a project for a little while, until it gets done, and then I move on to the next one.
And like everyone, I want instant results. Or maybe more accurately, I'd like to be able to close this chapter and move on to the next one.
Unfortunately with weight loss, I can't look at this as a short term project that I can wrap up and be done with quickly.
To keep myself motivated and focused, I know I need to create 4-6 week goals and challenges for myself, to help me reach my target by the end of this year.
I am still trying to build my list of mini non-scale goals so I can stay focused.
- January: food diary -- done
- January/February: 200 Squats program -- completed week 4
- February: AM workouts for 3 work days -- 80% success rate
- March: Use free weights for 2 workouts per week, rowing sprints weekly
- March/April: 100 Pushups program, incorporate a weekly stair climbing workout
- April: walk a faster mile, and shorten my time for the Lake Loop
- May: Pump up the intensity (Insanity? Tabata?), yoga 3x/week
- June: Try something new weekly, add tennis lessons