Online workouts I liked this week
Well there were a lot of wrenches thrown into my workout plan this week.
I may have mentioned here that I made a pact/schedule for myself in order to make progess on my weight loss journey:
- January: logging and staying on track with calories
- February: Fitting in my workouts 3-4X a week
- March: Challenges: pushups and squats
- April: Try new workouts, boot camp perhaps?
- May: Up the intensity (Insanity maybe)
So I planned to hit the gym MWF and maybe Saturday this week.
I was successful on Monday, and then on Tuesday I found out I had a required meeting during the time I planned to go to the gym on Wednesday. I like to do intervals and upper strength training at the gym -- and that was Wednesday's schedule. Since I am in the middle of the 200 squat challenge now, I am not using weights for the lower body or doing anything else.
Long story short, I ended up working out at home Wednesday AM. I don't have heavy weights at the moment, and don't have a lot of space to store them, so I have been trying not to really buy much. I also can't really jump around with workout videos. Squeaky floors and my downstairs neighbor also works from home.
I found 2 great links for some workouts:
1. Standing ab workout: I felt this the next day! Even though it seems easy. It is also practical for my small apartment. Not too noisy.
2. Workout builder on Shape.com. This site seems a little flaky, but you can grab 8 videos to string together a workout. I haven't had it successfully load when trying a focus area, but I just browsed all the workouts to find what I wanted. I built a good upperbody workout yesterday and I am feeling it today.
And as for those intervals? I did some at the gym on Tuesday and walked to the park to hit the stairs (there is a run with about 80 stairs) a few times.