On the Road Again!
The problem is I am addicted to MORE. If one is good 2 is better, 5 is great and 13 is probably sickly satisfying in some dangerous way. :)
I can't have one of anything - not cars, not wives, not guitars, not drugs, not drinks nor cookies nor chips. I just can't do it alone. I need help!
I was reminded this morning when a local guy shot his kids and himself in the midst of a perfect personal storm: loss of a job, the threat of foreclosure, and a relationship gone bad. Sad, scary and unfortunately, part of life for some folks.
I could tell you all the things that are not going my way, and all the good excuses I have to pick up an old behavior - getting blasted, taking drugs, spending money I don't have, or EATING.
No, today I was thinking about the following:
- I commented on a post about eating your exercise calories. Nah, not really.
- Today was MFP day 415!
- I had a great run this morning. 2.5 miles in 23 minutes. That's 17.5 miles in the last 7 days!
- I have worked really hard on keeping my calories at 1600; I checked in at 209! That's my lowest since 2004 when I was at 199.
- I had a coffee with my wife.
- I kissed my little one as she went off to horse riding camp - a gift from Nana.
- I logged today - well not the kiss I gave Charlotte.
- I encouraged a few friends.
- I shook my head at the ones who haven't logged in X days.
- I didn't fall down the stairs.
- I plan on enjoying my daughter's hockey tonight even if I can't get on the ice.
- I have a bed. I plan on using it early because I didn't sleep well. I heard the lack of sleep doesn't kill anyone, but the effects of obesity do.
- I thanked God for what I do have, mostly because I have been without.
How about you, what do you do to get through a tough day?
Thanks for the votes and comments. (You can do both!)