This is not a science class nor a dietitian's laboratory so let's not go nuts over the accuracy of the images.
In my opinion, a snack should be roughly 200 calories. As such, it's a good idea to have a visual estimate as to how much food you can scarf down. This is especially true when you are at work and there is random food constantly waiting to be devoured.
Of course, the BEST option is to bring your own snacks to work. This way you will always know where it came from, how much you're eating, etc.
10 Super Foods is a reference for those that aren't sure what to snack on, take a look.
If not, here are the stats on the foods you see here:
- Celery: 1425 grams = 200 calories
- Cooked Pasta: 145 grams = 200 calories
- Jack in the Box Cheeseburger: 75 grams = 200 calories
- Hot Dog: 66 grams = 200 calories
- Fruit Loops Cereal: 51 grams = 200 calories
- Cheetos: 38 grams = 200 calories
These images and figures all came from Wisegeek and they have several other food varieties to view.
or Save To: del.icio.us | Stumble It! | reddit