New Recipe | Carrot & Almond Soup
This is a recipe I would like to try this week.
Carrot & Almond Soup
2 onions, peeled and chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
6 carrots, trimmed, peeled, and sliced
2 celery stalks, trimmed and chopped
1 tbsp. bouillon powder
1 cup ground almonds
2-3 tbsp choppsed fresh cilantro, stalks reserved
2-3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, stalks reserved
- Place the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery in a large saucepan. Add 6 1/4 cups boiling water and the bouillon powder. Bring to a boil and add the herbs.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 20 miutes, or until vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Strain, reserving the stock. Blend the vegetables in a food processor or with a handheld blender until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pan and add the ground almonds and enough of the reserved stock to make a soup-like consistency.
- Reheat, then divide among warmed soup bowls and serve garnished with chopped fresh cilantro and parsley.
- OPTIONAL: Add one sweet potato, peeled and diced in place of two of the carrots and cook as above.