2014 - Stoke me a klipper, I'll be back for Christmas....
Reflecting on progress 2013-2014:
"I had chosen to use my work as a reflection of my values."
I do. I believe in what I do to keep healthy and I practise what I preach. I think the outward expression of your thoughts, beliefs and values comes from how you behave.
"Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values."
Sometimes it's easy to forget where we've been, what we've done. You can look down on yourself an think simply "bah, I can still see loads of fat on my arms/legs/stomach/bum" but look back - how much have you achieved. I believe you cannot set goals without thinking about where you're coming from, so, this year's progress looks a bit like this:
Weight: 151.6Ibs in Jan 2013 - 156.0Ibs Jan 2014 (oops)
BF%: 27 in Jan 2013 - 22.7% Jan 2014
- Able to run 10min/mile
- Completed 1 x 5k race (32.5min)
- Completed 70% Trailwalker 2014 (courtesy of a broken toe :( )
- 5k PB - 30:31
- Walk to work 4 x week
- train 4 x week (split sets) up until injury
- 10 x assisted pull ups (with -35kg)
- DL PB - 75kg
- Squat PB - 80kg
- Bench PB - 30kg
"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."
So where am I going this year?
- Reach 145Ibs by Easter Break (4th April)
- Reach 140Ibs by Summer Break (23rd July)
- Reach 135 by New Years Eve 2014
- Reach 21% body fat by my 2 year annversary on MFP! (currently 22.7%)
- Reach 20% body fat by Feb half term
- Reach 19% body fat by Easter hols
- Reach 18% body fat by Trailwalker time!
- Complete 5 x 5k races
- Complete 1 x half marathon
- Complete Trailwalker event (100km walk)
- Complete 5k in under 30 minutes
- Run at least 3 x per week (at least 2 x 5k, 1 x 10k)(before specific training)
- Take part in at least one cycling event
- Swim 1 x fortnight
- Walk or cycle to work 4/week
- Able to run a 9 minute mile
- Lift at least 3 x per week (with one week break every 16 weeks)
- Able to do 1 x pull-up by Feb half term
- Able to do 10 x pull up by April Easter break
- Able to DL 2 x body weight by New Years eve 2014 (150kg)
- Able to bench press 50kg
- Able to squat 1.5 x body weight by New Years eve 2014 (112.5kg)
Just one last thought:
One of my favourite quotes -
"In the end only 3 things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived and howgracefully you let go of things that were not meant for you." - Buddha
So friends, may we go into this year with love, self-esteem and a tight grip on what we are truely meant to represent to ourselves. If I have achieved any of this by the end of year I will know I have done a good job :)