Pumpkin Spice Streusel with Dark Chocolate
I based this off a recipe I found on Shape.com. It wasn't exactly a light recipe, and didn't have the pumpkin flavor I have been craving lately, so I twerked it quite a bit and came up with this. Very yummy, I think I did a good job making this my own :)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Hersheys)
- 1/3 light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 TBSP cinnamon
- 3 TBSP Greek Plain Non-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
- 1 2/3 cups pureed pumpkin
- 3 TBSP Silk unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat an 8x8 baking pan with butter flavored spray and a small amount of flour.
- mix struesel ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix the stevia, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, milk and yogurt. Slowly add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
- Spread half the batter onto the pan. Cover with half of the streusel mix. Cover with the remaining batter, then top that with the remaining struesel mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
Serves between 8-16 people depending on how big you want your pieces. Personally I ate 2, but 1 might suit those with a smaller sweet tooth.
CALS: 236 | Fat: 8 | Carbs: 42 | Protein: 5 | Fiber: 6 | Sugar: 22
CALS: 118 | Fat:4 | Carbs: 21 | Protein: 2.5| Fiber:3 | Sugar: 11