100 Days - Here we GO!!
So in my previous blog I said I was starting a personal "100 Days Challenge" today...
I have another 15 to 20kg's (40ish lbs) that I would like to get shred over the next year, and the way I was doing it in 2012 is most probably not going to get the job done... As I said in my previous blog I am quite happy that I managed to "maintain" - But I am not done yet!!
Looking back I was really good and on track most weekdays, but then I allowed myself not to log on weekends. I followed a Paleo lifestyle most of the time - but then tended to "carb load" over weekends - not rice and pasta etc - PASTRIES and CAKE, and other treats ;-)
So what does my 100 Days entail:
1) Log every day for a 100 days - yes even weekends and holidays!!
2) Stay within my calories for a 100 days (including eating at least 50% of my exercise calories)
3) Carry on eating my version of "clean" , but not strict Paleo....there will be some potatoes, little bit of bread and the occasional legume in my food choices.
- Still stick with "lower" carbs - but up it to around 150 to 170g a day
- Only one - SMALL flat white a day (can have more black coffee)
4) Walk to work and back - or 30 minutes at lunch time if I do take the car
5) Gym at least 5 sessions a week
6) At least ONE full cardio day a week, at least 20 minutes HIIT (not just on the bike!!), and then make it up to at least 45 minutes - and then 15 minutes mat work
7) Technology off by 10pm and lights out by 11pm (yes - that means less time on MFP my friends!!)
- My SKY decoder (cable) was bust when I got back from holiday, and I have decided to give my subscription up - so only boring TV - 2 days now it has not even been switched on....
8) Declutter my house - at least ONE item needs to be thrown away - or given away every day for a 100 days......and note to self a pile of magazines is one item - not 10 ;-)
So that is it - until the 23rd of April I am going to live by these simple rules - nothing to drastic or dramatic - pretty much what i have done 80% of the time over the past year - but to get rid of the last little bit I need to do it 100% of the time - and this is what this is all about.....I know I wont get rid of the full 40lbs - but hopefully I will give it good start ;-)
I played with the idea of no alcohol for a while - but realised that that is not really an issue for me - I am an occasional social drinker - and if it fits in my calories for the day it will be fine - so the occasional sangria or spritzer over summer
will might be drunk ;-)