Energy! Finally (16 weeks) + PIcs
Its taken forwever it seems to reach the second trimester and all of the "energy" that comes with it. Now, by "energy" I don't mean the usual enthausam of my pre-pregnancy days. But, rather, my first thought upon waking finally wasn't "when can I squeeze in a nap today?"!!!
Some recent developments include
- The purchase (and obsession) with Maternity Wear. Seriously worth the ridiculious price tag for these jeans! Belly bands are okay, but near as functional as just buying the pants with the sewn on elastic belly area...
- I have a visible baby bump!!! (Also, proof that I do actually put my feet up from time to time)
- Here is our formal announcement for Miss. E. (we aren't announcing her name until she graces us with her prescence in November.)
Per my usual self, I have some serious goals for this week:
1. Get my eating back in check. For the past few weeks, nothing has seemed particurarly appetizing and I haven't been successful at cooking. I haven't had cravings (thank god), but food aversions are just as bad! Needless to say, I've eaten out way more than I'd like and don't feel so great. So, yesterday I went grocery shopping and got all sorts of yummy foods for the week! I was also able to eat ribs yesterday which is a feat since I've been unable to tollerate straight up meat unless it was in a tortillia/bun/salad for the past few weeks. I'm so excited to be able to eat the main portion of my mostly-paleo/primal diet again! Here are my meals for the week:
- Cass' Beanless Crock Pot Chili (its in the crock right now!)
- Pork Tenderloin and Green Beans
- Paleo Breaded Chicken and Rice with Peas
- Lunches: salad and left overs
This isn't to say I cant have a few treats in moderation, of course.
2. Finish preparing for my first Tri this weekend (including ample rest beforehand). I didn't get to do my Tri Practice yesterday because of Father's Day activities and errands, so I'll have to make due with out.
- Monday: Run (at lunch), Crossfit, Quick Bike Ride (3 mi)
- Tuesday: Swim (at lunch), Crossfit
- Wednesday: REST (traveling for work)
- Thursday: Bike, Swim, Crossfit
- Friday: REST
- Saturday: REST
- Sunday: TRI DAY!!!! Swim 300 m, Run 3 mi, Bike 10 mi
3. Sleep at least 8 hours each night. This is important to keep my energy up but also because I've found myself nesting at night and keeping myself up later than usual. At least I'm a crafty nester. I just need to make sure I priortize sleep.