Hi MFPeeps! First and foremost, if you're in need a MFP friend, feel free to shoot me a request. Please include a message so I know where you found me or why you want to be friends. I'm really excited to offer support to people on this site especially those who want to interact and take this stuff seriously.
I'm a mobile game producer which means a lot of time at a desk in front of a computer. Last year, I had to travel a lot for work which lead to packing on the pounds. At the beginning of the year I decided I needed a change so I left my job, started a game company with some of my colleagues and got serious about losing weight. As you can see, I like all my life stress in one big dose, rather than spreading it out throughout the year. :)
I lost 8 lbs on my own but realized that I'd probably do better with a little more structure so I joined MFP and have not regretted it for a minute. Now, I have more goals. I don't just want to lose weight, I want to get stronger and am currently doing the New Rules for Lifting for Women program (thanks to Imjessly).
Because of a wrist injury I had as a kid, I've never had great upper body strength. I have crazy strong lower legs but have always had Popeye-before-spinach arms. I am determined that this will change!
I'm an avid cook and huge foodie so I've learned to cook a lot of healthy stuff thought this process. As it turns out, eating clean isn't quite as hard as I thought it would be but I still have my moments like everyone else.
GW1: 150 (achieved 8/19)
* To go though the entire program for NROLFW.
* To do man push ups by labor day.
* To increase my distance when running on the elliptical (currently * I'm at 4.2 miles in 35 minutes. Want to get it up to 4.5 at least then push on toward 5.0).
* To let go of beliefs that limit me.
* To get my actual weight to match what it says on my driver's license. :P
Reward for hitting my goal weight: A new pair of knee high boots for my extensive collection. :)
Why I Want To Get In Shape
* Like most people here, I want to feel good about myself.
* I want to be strong and fit.
* I want a totally flat stomach, for the first time ever (and for the first time ever, I actually feel like it's possible to achieve this.)
* No more Popeye-before-spinach arms!
* To debunk the myth that it's hard to lose weight after 40.
- Everyone on this site who is working hard to make a life change.
- Dana Torres (Olympian at 41 and insanely buff)
Friends View All (59)
My Recent Forum Posts View All
Mon 08/20/12 04:04 PM Loved this, thanks for posting! Along similar lines, I happened to read this one earlier this afternoon, which I thought was pretty grea...
Sun 08/19/12 11:35 PM You look phenomenal! Congrats in your amazing achievement!